Google changes search results to attract younger users by incorporating short videos and chatbot resources, according to a report by The Wall Street Journal (WSJ). The search engine giant aims to compete with popular platforms like Instagram and TikTok, which are favored by younger audiences for various purposes, including finding restaurants.
Google’s Strategy for Younger Audiences
In July 2022, Prabhakar Raghavan, Senior Vice President of Google, revealed that 40% of young people use Instagram and TikTok for searches, emphasizing Google’s intent to capture this demographic. The company is considering the following things:
- Firstly, they will be displaying short videos similar to Instagram and TikTok
- Featuring more links to forum discussions
- Finally, they will be adding chatbot resources, similar to Bing’s ChatGPT technology
Google Changes Search Results | Launch and Availability
Google is to announce these search engine changes during Google I/O 2023 on May 10, 2023. The challenge lies in redefining search results while retaining traditional website links. The reason is that many web pages rely on traffic to generate revenue.
In addition to this, Google announced a new way for users to access their accounts on its official security blog. Passkeys offer a higher level of security compared to passwords or 2SV (2FA/MFA) methods, ensuring a safer user experience.
Google Changes Search Results | The Impact
By updating its search results, Google aims to:
- Attract younger users to its platform
- Compete with popular social media platforms
- Maintain its position as a leading search engine
More from us:
- Telegram Counters Senacon Allegations and Delayed Notification
- Samsung Announces Financial Results with a 96% Profit Decline
Google’s decision to change its search results reflects the company’s dedication to remaining competitive and catering to the preferences of younger users. Short videos and chatbot resources have gained popularity. Hence, it is crucial for Google to adapt and provide the content and functionality that users seek. It remains to be seen how these changes will be implemented while preserving the traditional website links essential for many businesses.